Even thought this was a short week it has felt like an extra long week to me. Probably because our house is still fighting a random cold/congestion that has settled into my chest and my youngest’s chest. Not fun. Finally today we went to her doctor just to make sure it wasn’t something more than a little cold that would work itself out and thankfully it’s not. We need the rain. We need it for more reasons then the obvious ones. We need to it to wash all these colds and bugs and viruses away. Does it work like that? I feel like it should.
I wanted to share my top 5 favorites this week: these are things that have gotten me through this week, made me life a little easier, a little healthier, and just a little funner. Maybe you’ll think the same.
1. Tone It Up: I live 45 minutes from a decent gym with child-care so it’s just not something that’s practical, affordable, or even convenient at this point. That said, I really enjoy working out and feel so much better when I’m doing it consistently. Not having easy gym access means I have to get creative with working out at home. I use videos (Insanity, P90X, Chalean Extreme all great options), the treadmill in our garage, or just the old fashioned way running or cycling outside. Lately I have been following the Tone It Up weekly schedule and have been loving it! They post great workouts that I am able to save to my Kindle App on my ipad and can workout while catching up on my favorite t.v. shows (talk about a win, win situation!) I love their nutrition plan and the community of women are all super supportive and positive. If you are needing some fitness inspiration check them out. I’m proud to say I’m a “Tone it Up Girl”!
2. Pioneer Woman Applesauce Pancakes: These saved my life this week for breakfasts. I made a batch of these on Monday since were were all home together and everybody was feeling better. Not only were they delicious but it made a HUGE batch and I was able to store them in the fridge and have an easy, fast breakfast for the girls’ breakfasts all week. Nothing easier than being able to heat up a few pancakes in the microwave, drizzle with honey, slice a banana and have breakfast done.
3. This goes along with #2 and making life easier. This week I prepped a bunch of quinoa and cooked a bunch of chicken for healthy lunches and even a dinner this week. Why don’t I do this more? It made lunches so fast and simple by just throwing the quinoa, chicken and whatever veggies I had on hand (frozen corn, carrots, & kale) in a pan heating up till warm and then drizzling with a little Lucero Lime Olive Oil and Blueberry Balsamic Vinegar. So good and so good for you! It makes it much easier for me to eat healthy when I know I have food ready in the fridge and when I know it’s not going to take very long to put it together. I tend to let myself get so hungry I can eat whatever is in sight, so to have fast, healthy options are important for me. I need to do more of this and want to make this a habit as I know life is only going to get busier as my oldest is starting Kindergarten in the fall. Do you prep meals/snacks? I would love some suggestions!
4. I found this idea for “Ways to Play” with printables for each month on Pinterest. I love this and it’s an easy place to look for something fun to do when we are home and needing to kill some time. Yesterday we did the snow painting with flour/salt/water on cardboard — my oldest was really into it; my youngest not so much. I don’t naturally come up with cool parenting ideas like this so Pinterest is a life-saver for me.
5. And lastly, I saw this video go across Facebook today and had to watch it a few times and laughed out loud. Watch it. You won’t regret it.
Now, it’s time to go catch up on Parenthood and get today’s workout done! Happy Friday!