Well here we are again at another Friday. I am very happy to report that our house is healthy (aside from a cough and runny nose — but isn’t that just part of having kids and the winter months?) and happy. I thought I’d share some more of my favorites from this week; I think I might see a running trend on Fridays.
1. These little adorable rock pets we painted earlier this week. My oldest has them in her windowsill by her bed and they are too cute.
2. The Frozen soundtrack. Yep, I can admit it. I get just as excited as my daughters when “Let it Go” and “Do You Want to Build a Snowman?” comes on our Disney Pandora station. I think I’ve figured out a perfect Valentine’s gift for N & S (and maybe me too).
3. Super excited about attending PBR in Sacramento tomorrow. I mean what’s not to love: cowboys, wranglers, drinks, and did I mention cowboys? And if this isn’t the perfect excuse to wear my new cowboy boots I don’t know what is. (Maybe this isn’t a “favorite” but I have high hopes for it being a favorite date night with the hubby.)
4. Netflix. We recently canceled our Dish subscription and now are relying on Hulu, Netflix, and a handful of local stations for shows and movies. I forgot what it was like to watch a t.v. show live and without the luxury of pause, rewind, and record. My husband laughed at me when I offered to rewind Revolution so he could catch up and I was genuinely surprised when I couldn’t. Talk about first world problems! For now though, I am loving Netflix and loving watching entire seasons of shows from start to finish. Orange is the New Black sucked me in first and had us both cracking up. I have now moved on to Gossip Girl; might be a little embarrassed to admit this one but it is surprisingly good and perfect when you don’t want to have to pay attention like you do in 24, which is another amazing series. What are some of your favorite shows to watch on Netflix?
4. Yoga. I haven’t been to our local yoga class in about 5 years since my oldest was born. It had been on my list of things to try again this year and I finally went last night. I am so glad I did. It was such a nice, gentle, positive class and I absolutely love how I feel when I leave. The quiet time at the end has always been one of my favorite parts of any yoga class; last night was no exception. While we were laying there our instructor gave us things to think about or positive words to remind ourselves, “I am strong (inhale). I am calm (exhale).” These words have stayed with me today and when I find myself needing a moment to
not go crazy regroup I will remember them.
5. Superbowl commercials. These could be my favorite part of the “big game.” Well, commercials and 7-layer-dip that is. Last years “So God Made a Farmer” commercial had me in tears and made me proud to be married to a farmer. The preview of this years Budweiser commercial is so sweet and make me excited to see more this year. I’ll share my favorites next week!
And just remember . . .” I am strong. I am calm.”