I thought we were in the clear with my youngest. I seriously was crazy enough to think somehow she had managed not to get the flu bug my oldest had on Tuesday (see this post to catch up). I took her to preschool yesterday with her older sister because both were healthy, symptom free and their normal happy selves. And she was her normal happy self until midnight last night.
And then we were proved wrong. (And now I’m sure I have less friends at preschool).
S. and I were up from about midnight to 5 a.m. last night. Ouch. I finally had to put a movie on around 5:30 a.m. because she wasn’t going to sleep and I was desperate to get a few hours.
So today there’s been a lot of the same as last week: lots of movies, lots of cuddles, lots of Pedialyte (which thankfully is staying down now), lots of laundry, and LOTS of bleach.
And lots of Pinterest. In all of my couch time this morning I actually organized my Pinterest Boards.
I went through each board and deleted pins I didn’t like anymore, pins that I had tried and had totally failed, or pins where my styles had changed or kids had outgrown. And here’s the deal: it.felt.so.good. I felt lighter, I felt less pressure, and It just plain felt good to organize the boards, kinda along the same lines as cleaning out and organizing a drawer. (No, I don’t have any of these type A characteristics.)
In my Pinterest cleanse I learned a few things about myself:
1. I have an unusual amount of pins involving Oreos, smores, and cupcakes.
2. My “Sweets” board and “Fitness” board are extremely conflicting.
3. I have an entire board dedicated to sewing and my sewing machine is still siting in the box because I don’t even know where to start with it.
4. I have enough chore chart ideas, empowering girl book choices, and enough kids crafts to get me through the girls’ childhood.
5. I love chalkboards, free fonts, free printables, positive quotes, and most anything involving a mason jar, fabric flowers, scarves, or denim shirts.
6. I have a whole paleo/gluten free board and haven’t been eating that way for over 6 months. Although, in my defense most of our dinners follow a paleo guideline for the most part.
In my cleanse I found this home remedy for sore throats, coughs, and congestion; I had all the ingredients so I whipped it up since I have been fighting a sore throat since Thursday. It was warm, spicy, sweet, and the honey just coated your throat. I will say my throat does feel better this afternoon and I will definitely use this again. I like trying home remedies like this instead of ones loaded with things you don’t know and ingredients you can’t read.
After making that I found a jewelry cleaning recipe that I had to try with my wedding band and engagement ring and was surprised with positive results! My rings came out sparkly and shiny and it’s something that is very easy to do at home. From reading the reviews though – the foil is very important, don’t skip that step!
So now I have two napping girls, Netflix on the tv, all the curtains down and nothing else on the agenda this afternoon.
That is unless I decide to clean out my email account.